Expert Alumni

State tax filing

No. You have to report as rental income the full amount you received, even if the amount covers the 3 years.

Please see this IRS document, in particular the paragraph on Advance rent:


**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post