pjanas1
Returning Member

Georgia retirement income exclusion line 11 is mixing up values for the taxpayer vs spouse and cannot be fixed when one has a line 12 pension also.

The Georgia Retirement Income Exclusion lines 11 and 12 are wrong, because  the Inc/Ret worksheet  is Assigning the Taxpayer amount to the Spouse column, and spouse amount to the taxpayer column. Editing the Inc/Ret Wks worksheet does not fix the form if either one also has a Taxable Pension.  Taxable IRA distributions, Schedule 1 line 11 and Taxable Pensions Schedule 1 Line 12, are summed and are collected as single line on the worksheet  (Why? this only leads to confusion and errors!)  so you can't enter those separately.  On the worksheet if I correct IRA Distribution for the taxpayer who does not have a pension, the form will have the correct taxpayer amount.  On the worksheet if I enter the  Spouse's sum of the correct IRA Distributions +  pension,   when it prints on the Schedule 1 Retirement Income Exclusion form, the values for IRA and Pension values are wrong although their sum is correct.  I'm worried this will flag as an error at the GA tax center because Form 500 has the 1099R data for IRA distributions and the amounts will not match.