DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

We have no knowledge about the spreadsheets that DraftKings sends but these should be detailed enough to determine the income and expenses that need to be reported. The decision to treat this as a business lies on the fact if you intend to make money, if the volumes of your trades are high and if you do this fulltime. If you do it strictly as enjoyment or treat like a game, then I would report it as hobby income. Sometimes the fine line between a business is blurred at best.

To request a live expert to do your taxes, log into your intuit account. In your Turbo Tax Online return. The best way to request an expert to to your taxes is to do the following.

1. Log into your Turbo Tax Account online.
  2. Once you are working on your return, select the Live Tax Advice button on the top right
  3. Select upgrade for this option when it asks you to do this.
  4. After you perform this step, there will be a new screen that will appear.
  5. In the top right portion of your screen, you should now see a box in all red letters that says Do My Taxes For Me
  6. Once you do this, you should be immediately connected to a live expert.

The steps outlined above are correct if 1) you are preparing your return using Turbo Tax online 2) if you have already started your return. If you either have not started a Turbo Tax Online return and are beginning initial preparation, you will be asked numerous times if you wish for an expert to prepare your taxes. In fact, you will be asked so many times that it can become annoying after awhile.  

If you are using Turbo Tax Desktop, live help is not available. You will need to switch to a online account to take advantage of this service.

@Guchman 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"