State tax filing

Perhaps my understanding is not as good as I'm thinking. Here's my thinking.

I don't wish to modify the entry in Schedule A, line 13, column A as entered automatically by TurboTax because that's the federal amount representing "income or loss from partnerships." If I adjust it, then the amount on line 21, column A will no longer match my federal AGI  as it appears on IRS form 1040, line 11.

I believe (and I may be wrong) that Schedule A, line 13, column B ought to reflect ONLY 2021 income from the Indiana partnership and NOT any passive loss carryforwards. This is how TurboTax has populated this cell.

I'm guessing (and I may be wrong) that I should manually enter the Indiana passive loss carryforward amount in Schedule A, line 34, column B. (You seem to be suggesting that I should lump it together into line 13, column B.)

As to the amount of this passive loss, I believe that I can read it off of my IRS Form 8582 for 2021, from Part V, column C (which is automatically being attached to my Indiana return) but with the following caveat. In this column, I have not one but 3 rows of  data. Only one single row pertains to Indiana. So, that's the amount that needs to be used.  

By the way, my IRS Form 8582 for 2021, Part V, column A, for the Indiana row, contains the same amount as appearing on Schedule A, line 13, column B. This suggests that I'm on the right path.

I'm also guessing (and I may be wrong)  that because I'd be making a manual entry on Schedule A, line 34, column B to reflect the Indiana passive loss carryforwards, that I ought to enter the analogous FEDERAL amount on the same line but in column A. The specific amount to be entered here would be read off from IRS Form 8582 for 2021, from Part V, column C, the sum of all rows. 

Ok, I will refrain from including Form 8275. Instead I will attach a personal statement.