mbolgrihn

Is it common for the state taxes to take so long to be processed and accepted?

After you file

Some states take a week or more to accept after Jan 29, and longer to process.

After you file

I efiled my return and submitted 8 days ago my federal return was accepted that day, my state( Michigan) is still saying it has been submitted. I called the state and they have no record of it. Is this common or should I be concerned it got lost in the system. 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

Even if you filed your federal and state returns at the same time, your state may not start processing it at the same time as the IRS.

It's not unusual for state returns to remain in pending status several days after a federal return has been accepted. This is especially common when e-filing first opens in January or early February.

Sit tight and your state return will (eventually) move along in the queue.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

Even tho it hasn't been accepted, I shouldn't worry.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

Right, even if you filed your federal and state returns at the same time, your state may not start processing it at the same time as the IRS.

It's not unusual for state returns to remain in pending status several days after a federal return has been accepted. This is especially common when e-filing first opens in January or early February.

Sit tight and your state return will (eventually) move along in the queue.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

I filed my 2019 taxes  9 days ago federal accepted a few hours after submitting state (MI) shows no record of my return and it stills says it's being submitted