ddaven12

After you file

If you have not yet filed your tax return you would not need to start over. You can still complete the form in TurboTax by following the steps below:

If you are unable to find the "jump to" link, please  follow the steps below to fill out Form 8862 in TurboTax:

1. Sign into your TurboTax account
  2. Click the orange button that says Take to my return (if available)
  3. Go to Federal Taxes at the top
  4. Then go to Deductions & Credits select I'll choose what I work on( if available)
  5. Scroll down to You and Your Family
  6. Click Start/Revisit next to Earned Income Credit
  7. Continue through the Earned Income Credit section and answer any questions that apply.
  8. Navigate to the screen that asks Do any of these uncommon situations apply?
  9. Select the box that says, I/We got a letter/notice from the IRS telling me/us to fill out an 8862 form to claim the Earned Income Credit.
  10. Click Continue and then Done
  11. Next you will see a screen that says  Since you got an IRS notice, we need to check if any of these apply to your situation.
  12. Click the radio button No, none of these apply and  I  need to fill out the 8862 form.
  13. Click continue and Form 8862 will display. Fill out any necessary info and Continue.

The Form is then completed. TurboTax will help you file it when ready.

Click the link here to see an TurboTax article that includes video instructions on how to locate the form in TurboTax.