After you file

I'm not seeing a rejection code.  My apologies if I'm missing it.  Unfortunately it won't let me paste in the actual HTML of the email, but here's the text:

Your federal tax return was rejected
Don’t worry—we can help you get it fixed.
We’ll walk you through each step of updating
and resubmitting your return.

What happened To update your return

Learn more

We’ll help you get this updated on your federal return and e‑file. Once you’ve opened your return in TurboTax, the details about what needs updating will be displayed.

From there we can walk you through making the updates you need and help you e‑file your return. If it isn’t possible to e‑file your return, we’ll make sure you have everything you need to print and file your tax return by mail.

To check your e-file status in TurboTax, select the File tab and...

Important filing deadlines
If your return is rejected before the April 15, 2024 tax filing deadline has passed, you can still correct and re‑file your tax return before April 20, 2024.
Learn more

If you e‑filed any state returns, you’ll receive separate status emails about those returns. Delays in e‑filing your federal return may cause delays in your state tax return. And remember, keeping a copy of all status update emails like this one is always a good idea.
Check before you click! TurboTax will never ask you for your personal information
in an email. When you click on a link, the address should always contain "intuit.com/".
Facebook Instagram Twitter TikTok YouTube Blog

Legal

Privacy

Security Intuit respects the personal nature of email. Please note that if you have chosen not to receive marketing messages from Intuit, that choice applies only to promotional materials. You will continue to receive notifications that are legally required or could affect your service, software or account.