hrg1
Level 3

TT desktop won't let me e-file 2022 amended return saying "E-filing isClosed for the Season" here in Feb 2024

I e-filed my 2022 return using TurboTax desktop last April, 2023. This month, I received an amended K-1 with a simple change on it. They removed the "Final" status of the K-1 and removed the final year deductions, which were capital loss carryovers. I used the same program (TT 2022) and started the "Amend a return" option under "Other Tax Situations" and made the change to the K-1. I continued with the process, which results in me owing money, due to the removed capital loss carryovers, which came off of Schedule D. Then, when I went to e-file the program told me that I can't e-file because "E-filing is Closed for the Season, You Can File by Mail." It further indicated that "TurboTax e-filing closed for the tax season on October 16, 2023."

All other information I have found online regarding using TurboTax to file an amended return indicates you have three years to file and amendment, the original return must have been filed and accepted, and you must use the same version of the program that you used to file the original return, all of which is true. And the IRS reopened electronic filing last month, January 2024. My changes were minor, just changing some numbers on a form, not adding or removing any forms. So why won't it let me e-file?

Anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Thanks!