Anonymous
Not applicable

Turbo Tax Accuracy Guarantee Refusal

When I used Turbo Tax purchased from Costco for tax year 2020, the SS Lump Sum WKS was only filled out through line 1. Lines 2 through 29 were left blank. Due to that taxable SS income not being calculated and transferred to my Form 1040, I owe the IRS around $1,600 in interest and penalties. I have paid that. I filed a claim with Turbo Tax which they have refused. They claim that I overrode the lines that are blank on the SS Lump Sum WKS. I did not. Turbo Tax gave me no notice or alert of an override at any time including the federal review in my return. When I open that file, which I have shared with a Turbo Tax employee, it still shows no notice or alert when reviewed. Robin G. from Turbo Tax has been very firm trending to rude that Turbo Tax will take no responsibility.

I have asked for the dates of the alleged overrides and I have asked how Turbo Tax could have accepted and allowed my e-filing if the software is showing overrides? There websites states, "When you run the final review, TurboTax will alert you of any overrides in your return." They also state that customers cannot physically E-file with overrides in their return. I had no problem E-filing. Turbo Tax needs to step up and honor their accuracy guarantee. Or at least answer my valid questions. 

This is what I have asked Robin G. with no reply received:

Turbo Tax entered 0 on line 6b of my 1040 Form, not me.
Where did Turbo Tax get the 0?
There is no entry on line 29 of the SS Lump Sum worksheet and it has not been over ridden as far as I can see. 
So if I entered the $36,653 from my SSA-1099 on line 6a  of my form 1040, and I did, how did Turbo Tax calculate line 6b as 0, with no data on line 29 of the SS Lump Sum Worksheet?
Where did the 0 get calculated? Why did it not just calculate a taxable number for the full amount of the SS income of $36,653 with an incomplete worksheet?
I don't think the SS Lump Sum Worksheet is even an IRS required form.
If not used, the line 6b number should be the line 6a number? Is that correct?
And we have an incomplete SS Lump Sum Worksheet. Line 29 of that worksheet was not overridden and is blank. 
Again, how did Turbo Tax enter a 0 for line 6b of my 2020 Form 1040?

Please Help!