After you file

ari4me  wrote:

I have already paid for turbotax and I have yet to file this tax return.  I had previously, days ago, viewed and printed out the return, but my printer had a clocked (sic) paper route, but I corrected that.  Ever since that incident, I have been unable to view or print the edited return.  I need to do this immediately, and would appreciate any help you can provide.  Thank you,

I'll assume you are the same person as the threadowner, even though your profile name has changed.  And I assume that was a typo above that means you had a blocked paper route that has now been resolved.   

When you log in, are you able to open your return interview back up to resume editing your return, or does TurboTax think you were finished, and the interview is closed?      If the interview is closed, then to get back to the interview click on "Add a State."   That doesn't really add one, but opens the return interview back up.

In any case, once the interview is opened, follow these steps to view/print.  You said you already paid.  The method below assumes you chose to pay for your TurboTax fees by credit/debit card and did not choose the option to pay out of your Federal refund (if applicable.)  If you chose to pay out of your refund, you'll need to change the payment method and pay upfront by credit/debit card.

• After the interview is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • For my records, I usually save a PDF of the return "as filed" and a PDF of the return with all the government and TurboTax worksheets.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.