After you file

jlsoccer2018 wrote:

Return indicates that it was accepted and I received the email on March 31, 2021.

I have not received my refund.  I have been on the IRS site and it indicated it can not provide any information about my return?  I have tried calling them but the hold time is over an hour.

In the IRS instructions it says to check the SSAN - it is correct.

Check the refund amount - it is correct.

Check the date - it is the date that it was accepted.\

And, it says to check with the you - I am now - so can you help?

Be aware this is a public Internet forum--a user community--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.  You shouldn't post personal info in the user forum.  It looks like the forum privacy filter removed your email address for your protection to prevent you from being spammed/scammed.    If you wish to remove your name, you can click the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your question and choose to Edit.

If the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool cannot find your info,  and if you efiled your return, first double-check to be sure your return was indeed accepted.   If you used Online TurboTax, you can log in and check the efile status at the Tax Home page.   If you used desktop software (CD/download), you can open your return, click on the FILE menu in the top left corner of the TurboTax program and choose File>Electronic Filing>Check electronic filing status.

If that confirms it was accepted, here are some tips when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool.

• Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen that sums both refunds. 
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount to use, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

I know this is anecdotal, but I called the IRS a few days ago and found that for me it was best to call just before closing time--about 6:58 PM and quickly go through the steps below.  I figured a lot of folks would not call that close to closing, and that if I was one of the last to get into the queue, they would finish off all the people who were in the queue at closing time.   And luckily, my hunch worked for me.  Still had to wait about 25 minutes.     Other users have said they managed to get in by phoning when the IRS first opened in the morning at 7 AM, but I assumed there would be a big rush to get in at that time.

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.