jhotulski

After you file

I filed my taxes in March prior to the announcement that certain amount of unemployment was not taxable.  Because of that I paid both state and federal income taxes.  I was able to complete state of CT amended tax online and I received the overage I paid within a week.  In mid April 2020, as I attempted to complete IRS 1040x form I was not allowed to complete it online, instead the 2020 IRS tax form 1040 I filed changed indicating the new amount that I should've been refunded.  

I proceeded to manually complete IRS 1040X and mailed it in around April19th or 20th.  Here I am 3 months later and I do not have a refund of the overpayment and the IRS website indicates they have not yet received a 1040X from me.  Of course, because of COVID no one answers the IRS phones and the IRS office in my city does not allow any walk ins without an appointment which cannot be made on line or by phone.

Is it possible that turbo tax reverts my IRS 1040 form to my original file and then perhaps I could electronically file a 1040X???

PS-I believe I entered jkotulski as user name not jhotulski - will I still get an email notification with an answer to my dilemma?