After you file

Word for Word- copy and pasted from the message I received...  

The message  clearly states that in order to qualify for the unemployment refund an amendment will need to be filed.  Hoping that they are just behind and I will see a double payment in August for the child tax credit as well as my tax refund.  When I look on the IRS portal it states that my eligibility is pending and I can only assume it is from the amendment that was approved April 29.  Either way, it's a huge inconvenience and my family really could use this credit as well as the refund.  I would not have altered my original return if I had not received the message from Turbo Tax below.  I have always used Turbo Tax and I have never had a delay in tax refunds or in the stimulus payments from IRS.  UNTIL NOW... 

SEE EMAIL TEXT FROM TURBO TAX BELOW... everyone got this message I am sure and it clearly tells us to amend our returns

"Dear TurboTax Customer,

We are following up on our earlier email regarding the increased Unemployment benefits. Great news! In addition to the unemployment benefits, you may now be eligible for additional deductions, credits or benefits on your 2020 TurboTax federal return.

Unemployment Income: Based on the recently passed American Rescue Plan, the first $10,200 of your unemployment income may now be tax-free. Since you filed before this law was in place, you could be owed an additional payment from the IRS.

Additional Deductions and Credits: Now that some of your unemployment income is tax free, your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) may be lower. This means that you could now be eligible for additional deductions and credits.

In order to claim these additional deductions and credits, you will need to file an amended federal tax return. However, you do not need to file an amended state return at this time."