Adam80
Returning Member

I just amended my 2019 return because we forgot to include a source of income and after I printed the new copy, I noticed my 401k had been deleted. how do I fix this???

After you file

401K disappeared ?    Are you talking about a 401K distribution on a 1099-R ?    Or a contribution to the 401K ? 

Adam80
Returning Member

After you file

A distribution from where I did an early retirement withdrawal that was a little over 60k..  however, It was reported on my original 2019 return but whenever I went back in to amend my 2019 return  in order to add my wife's self-employment income only, somehow it got deleted. I know that I wouldn't have done that but I don't know how it happened either. I just need to know how to fix it before I mail the amended one off to the IRS

After you file

Interesting ...  the easiest way to fix this is to start over again from the original return.  Using the downloaded program you will start a new return and open the original return again ... review it to make sure nothing is missing and then start the amendment process.  

1. Open TurboTax 2019.
    1. It's important that you open your 2019 return in your 2019 version of TurboTax. It won't work in other year versions.
  2. Select Amend a return (make changes) after it was filed and accepted by the IRS.
  3. Select Continue on the We'll help you change (amend) your return screen.
  4. On the following screen, Did you already file your return? select Yes, I've already filed my return, then select I need to amend my 2019 return and Continue.
  5. Now, make an "amend" copy your return by selecting Save As (Mac: select Duplicate) from the File menu. This preserves the return you originally filed.