After you file

@ Kecrigg wrote:

I filed my 2018 taxes last night, I know silly of me to forget, but anyway they say 2020 up top, is this okay? Do I need to do something to change it?

Oh, no!  What did you do?  Did you use Online TurboTax to prepare a 2018 return?  Online TurboTax is only for 2020 returns.   If so, the IRS will think that is your 2020 return.

What do you mean by "filed?"    Did you actually efile it last night?   i.e., was it submitted, and has it been accepted?  If you are lucky, it will be rejected.   If it's accepted, however, then you've got a problem that will require an amended return.   In the meantime, don't do anything until you find out if the efile was accepted or rejected.   If you used Online TurboTax and submitted an efile, you can check the efile status at the Tax Home of your Online TurboTax account.   Until it is accepted or rejected, it would say "pending."

If you haven't yet efiled it, but were planning to print and mail it, then DON'T.     We can tell you how to prepare a 2018 return.

Have you already filed a 2020 return this year?