After you file

Critter 3 - You stated:   

"However most states, if not all, do not allow state taxes owed to be paid by Direct Debit when using tax preparation software.  They require the payment by Direct Debit only when using the State tax authorities website."   What exactly do you mean?   If I need to go to the state tax website and set up the payment myself, why didn't TT make this clear???

I paid TT $25 to electronically file my State return (tax balance due to be Direct Debit from my account.)   TT confirmed the electronic filing instructions and sent me an email that the state accepted my return.  I made the logical assumption everything was set up for my payment to be deducted.   However, The state tax payment was scheduled to be deducted from my account today and it has not been deducted.  The tax deadline is Monday, May 17.  What do I need to do, if anything?  

1) Did TT actually set up the direct debit payment as the Electronic Filing Instruction sheet says? Or,

2) Do I need to go to the State Tax Authority website and set up the payment myself?