After you file

State and Federal are completely seperate returns. I live in a non-tax state, so I only file federally

hit the nail on the head

Last year, a very small percentage of EIC and ACTC got their returns in early February as a “trial run” for the new tax changes

This year, the IRS is sticking to their guns. The whole reason they are waiting until Mid February is to verify that a child is being claimed on only ONE return. With the divorce rate and child out of wedlock statistics being so high, so many people attempt to claim a child on seperate, individual, returns. The IRS is verifying that the child is only on ONE parents return for the credit.

Again, the IRS government website says “The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.” VERBATIM.

There is no “luck” or “maybe mine is different”. They aren’t even reviewing EIC or ACTC returns until this week and next. Hence the projected deposit date of 2/27