Slew
Level 2

After you file

I am in the same situation. I sensed the bottom line was wrong but I filed a few days ago and the return was accepted. Not only was it accepted, but yesterday the IRS withdrew the tax payment from my bank account. I owed money this year due to considerable income from stock sales.

TurboTax is congratulating me for being finished with my taxes. But today I ran the update and the meter jumped $80 against me, identical to another poster today. So I filed an incorrect return and the IRS accepted that incorrect return and therefore accepted the incorrect settlement. Now what do I do? I could send the IRS a check for $80 with an explanation or I could wait to see if I am contacted. Big mess and inconvenience all the way around. TurboTax should not have specified that end of April fix date if it was uncertain. Fixing on May 7 with a May 17 federal deadline would not have been a big deal if we hadn't been promised end of April. May 7 this year is the equivalent of fixing on April 5 in a normal year. I often file beyond April 5, including this year.