After you file

David,

Edited to include that by selecting "Amend my return" on the main Tax Home page, a number does appear in the top right corner showing me that the government will owe me money instead of me owing it money. Is there a reason I need to select "amend return" to see this number and it's not just presented on the main page as reassurance that I shouldn't do anything?

All major media outlets and the IRS say a a "refund" will be presented for the amount owed back on the $10,200, but I haven't actually paid my taxes yet, just filed them. Do I need to pay and then await the amount owed? Or will Turbotax update automatically to represent that I don't need to send money (instead of me cheating and selecting the amend return option as mentioned above) before May 17? 

Nervous because we're down to 2 weeks, and while I get that it's up to the IRS to take action, I expect the software I pay for to provide some kind of clarity about what I actually need to do.

And we all know the IRS takes quick action if they're owed money. Trying to avoid dealing with that haha.

Thanks,