spillyp

I talked to my bank and they said there are no holds or pending payments and I'm concerned my refund hasn't come in yet

the IRS status says that it was sent but havent received it

After you file

If you selected Pay with Refund, it goes directly from the IRS to a third party bank to have the TT fees deducted before the balance is forwarded to you via direct deposit. This can add a day or so. 

alysonmd
Returning Member

After you file

Mine said the same. I checked the irs website and it says it sent my refund 3 days ago. I got a random deposit for $2000 from something called “tax produce LLC” but that’s way less than what my refund was supposed to be, and if TurboTax really takes out that much money for paying via my refund they won’t get my service anymore. 

After you file

Federal and state refunds come separately from different places.  That was only for federal.  If the IRS reduced your refund they will mail you a letter explaining.  How much is missing?

Do you have an amount on line 30?  A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts or entered the wrong amounts in the 2 boxes.  If you entered the total you got for both rounds in the same box it would think you didn't get the other one.  The IRS knows how much they already sent you.  You might have tried to claim it again on line 30.