Slew
Level 2

After you file

Same deal. I'm not shocked. I can always estimate the bottom line via TurboTax, within tight range. This is the first time it erred significantly. The error was in my favor and health care was the area. It looked so bizarre I carefully inputted and checked everything again twice more, expecting the meter to run away against me, by at least $500. 

It did not. I was so surprised I mentioned it to several friends and relatives, that I couldn't believe how comparatively favorable my taxes were this year, specifically due to the health care variable. Prior to rejection I had already taken the bonus cash and bought more shares of one of my stocks, plus paid off a credit card.

Now I fully expect the meter will run away upon the April 30 (or whenever) update. I don't think information will have to be changed. I suspect there was a form/calculation error in TurboTax and the government caught it. Once the update is installed and TurboTax opens I think the meter will immediately indeed run away, although I'll certainly go through that section to verify numbers again.

Disappointing, but everything has a confidence level and margin for error. One mistake by TurboTax was probably overdue in the big picture.