craftycooper
Returning Member

Wrong 1099NEC to IRS by employer

Long story. 
I work on the side at a Ranch. In early January I received a printed sheet of paper that was my 1099 from my employer in the amount of $1778.00. A few days after getting it my boss passed away. I filed my taxes in March with the sheet (which was an unofficial 1099).. I was told due to my boss passing away they were not sure when the 1099s would be sent to the IRS and that I could use the form that was given to me.
I filed my taxes on March 14th. They were accepted and approved and I was supposed to get my income taxes direct deposit into my savings account around April 24th. 
Today I get the official 1099 in the mail and its in the amount of $2734.00!!! I contacted the person who was over my boss' WILL and he checked the 1099 he sent to the book keeper and it showed the original amount that I filed ($1778.00) and the book keeper made a mistake and sent the wrong amount to the IRS. He said he was going to contact her and see what needed to be done to correct it. But now I am at a loss on what to do. I tried contacting IRS but that is one big joke. 
What can I do? Will I be audited for their mistake. Im getting worried even though I did nothing wrong.