After you file

Thank you again for the reply and information. 

I opened my taxes & went to Forms view.  I did not see the 1040-X form in my federal taxes but I used the Open Forms and searched for 1040-X & there was the Form 1040-X.  I opened that form and deleted it.  

Next I opened the MI-1040.  The Amended Return was NOT checked.  The Schedule AMD form was not in my MI taxes but I used the Open Form and found it in my MI taxes using the search function.  I opened that form and deleted it. 

I went back to Step-by-Step and selected the File tab. When I got to the E-file Your Federal Return for FREE, the E-file was selected. On the next page for filing my state return, I selected Do not e-file...  The last screen said 'You have no returns selected for e-filing'.  This all makes sense.  My taxes (Fed & state) appear to be correct with the unemployment deduction included. 

However, my problem as noted in my earlier post is that the Review process continues to note a "Your Amended Return Summary, We don't detect any differences between your original 2020 return and your amended return...".  Then there is a table to note my Explanation of Changes.  The next page indicates I can 'Print your amended returns'. 

So, even after deleting 1040-X, unchecking the Amended return box on my MI-1040 and deleting the Schedule AMD form from my MI taxes, TurboTax still has some indication I have amended my return.  However, the tax amount and the fact that I have nothing to e-file indicate that TurboTax is NOT amending my return.  

Thank you, 

Roger