After you file

Thank you Coleen D3,

IRS publication 'Recovery Rebate Credit Frequently Asked Questions' topic G, 'Correcting issues after the 2020 tax return is filed says the following:

(QG1) "A1. If you didn't claim the credit on your original tax return, you will need to file an Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, Form 1040-X. The IRS will not calculate the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit for you if you did not enter any amount on your original tax return."

Based on the IRS publication I need to file an amended return to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit for 2020 EIP which I did not receive. If I don't ament my return I won't get it.  My situation is that I was a dependent in tax year 2019 but I was NOT a dependent in tax year 2020. I did NOT receive any EIP in 2020 from IRS and I neglected to ask for the Recovery Rebate Credit when I filed 2020. I'd now like to correct my return and ask IRS to apply the Recovery Rebate Credit. 

Can you please advise on my 3 original questions based on the IRS published information on this topic:

1 - What is the deadline (last chance) to file an amended return and claim the Recovery Rebate Credit?

2- If Credit is applied by IRS (it should per the IRS publication) will my refund be mailed by paper check even if I e-file?

3 - How do I handle the unemployment situation if I amend my return?

Thanks for your comments and help!