TDGROOM
Returning Member

After you file

Thanks for getting back to me Ernie, this is such a mess! I spoke with someone today within the Questionable Credit Department at the IRS and I was told that IF they did receive my amended 2019... its still not in the system due to a massive backlog. I was told to wait until April 9th because I might get a letter regarding this. If I don't, then I should call them back and request a fax number so that I can fax them my amended 2019 to have expedited. 

Well, here comes the tricky part ...the person who did my taxes doesn't have a copy of my amended 2019! ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ญ

What should I do?? I thought about doing the amendment myself but then my fear is that I'd make an even Bigger mess of things. I haven't received any mail regarding this at all. Its like there's been nothing but silence due to the pandemic shutting things down. Its been 13 months already since I filed those taxes. It seems like an easy fix. Just remove the 2016 W2 that was mistakenly added & that has been noted on my account and permission has been given for them to move forward with making the adjustment. I'm nervous now. I've waited so long for my 2019 and now I'm also waiting for my 2020 taxes. Its all giving me a headache ๐Ÿ˜‘