Sooz
Level 3

E-File was rejected because of "duplicate" 1099-R forms.

My software (loaded from CD) is current with regards to updates. The "duplicate" 1009-R forms are NOT duplicates, but two of the six used (all from the same payer FEIN) do have the same distribution amount and tax withheld. However, each of the six has a unique Line 2 of the Payer's Name, and the Account number in Box 12 for each is unique. Prior years' e-filings have had this same situation and e-file has never failed before. Is this an issue on the IRS end of things, or a bug in the TurboTax file submitted to  them?  Obviously the internal identifier for each doesn't include all the unique identifiers for each of the six forms, but I can't tell from here if it's on the submitting end, or the receiving end of the e-file process.

I did attempt re-e-filing without making any changes, but it's too soon to tell if it will reject again. If it does, can I simply update the distribution amount for one of them to add a penny (currently shows zero cents) to force uniqueness without affecting the actual distribution amount after rounding?