ilr
Level 2

After you file

My W2 was imported thru ADP however the TurboTax Software ran the final check after I had finished everything. I made sure I had completed everything, but then the software final recheck would not let me move forward until I confirmed the amounts by manually re-entering those amounts into the fields provided with that prompt. I tried to skip past it and was not allowed. I tried to enter 0 and it told me I had to enter an amount to continue. 
My returns have already both been processed. My payment to the state has cleared, and I received my return from the IRS last week. The IRS website says that I can amend my efile now. And that it’s the same form from last year. They direct me to TurboTax as having the up to date software and forms in order to do so. 
Also, my TurboTax documents say that any errors in calculation are guaranteed by Turbo Tax. And that these mistakes will receive a credit for the difference in the amounts, plus interest. So wouldn’t that interest be based on the length of time between my initial filing and the time it takes for TurboTax to correct the error and get me the funds for the additional amount due to me from my return?