After you file

@ jsabeh2 wrote:

thank you for your response.  I contacted my bank as a check and discovered that there had been other calls saying that people using turbo tax had also received less money than was shown on their returns.  Plus, according to IRS, the amount shown on their refund tool matches what I filed. As a matter of fact, they don't even show that my return has actually been processed yet -- but I did receive a refund in my account already. 

Are you sure it's a Federal refund you received and not a state refund (if applicable?)    Was it from the IRS/US Treasury?

You didn't answer either of the questions I asked in my comment above, including whether or not you paid any TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund.

In any case, see this FAQ for reasons that your refund may be less than shown on your Federal return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/why-is-my-direct-deposited-refund-or-check-lower-than...

If it was the IRS that reduced your refund, they should send you a letter in 3 weeks or so.  Or you can phone them to find out why.