Anonymous
Not applicable

Adjusted Gross Income Rejection

I have electronically filed my Federal and State taxes, using Turbo Tax for several years now. This year I have been rejected 4 times, each time is claims my AGI is not the same as what they have on file. Which is wrong, I have confirmed that by checking last years tax return that was filed electronically and accepted. Is there a problem with the program? I see others are having the same issue. The answer I have read on another person is to mail it in?? So what is the point? Not like I have anything on my return that is questionable.. standard deductions is all we get. 

After you file

try putting 0 as your agi

MayaD
Expert Alumni

After you file

Round your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.

If you filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2019 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).

You can request a transcript from the IRS website to make sure that the AGI you are entering matches the IRS records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MO2022

After you file

I have verified my AGI from 2020 and my Electronic filing continues to be rejected with code IND-032-04

What is turbotax sending to the IRS?

After you file

Use zero.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
MO2022

After you file

Thank you.   Zero was the magic number!