DanielV01
Expert Alumni

After you file

@philiplsmithbrown  I am personally familiar with Indiana returns, and have noticed that they have increased some diagnostic checks in their e-filing procedures since last year.  For instance, if someone needed to file an Indiana return and an out-of-state employer withheld only Indiana local taxes, Indiana in 2019 would accept the e-filed return even if the W2 did not have the Indiana state EIN, but this year it's not the same.  That could be the same here also, that Indiana is just simply rejecting a return for 2020 because it is causing a diagnostic error on their end.  I can't verify this with 100% certainty, but the fact that you attempted to e-file through other software and got the same result definitely suggests this.  And we can certainly understand that you are undergoing a frustration, but I'm hoping that this explanation helps.

In any case, it seems like this year you should mail in your Indiana return.  You may want to contact the Indiana DOR to mention your experience as something that perhaps they can improve on their end or what you might need to do so that you don't get the diagnostic rejection you are getting.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"