After you file

@ TsCintron31 wrote:

Its been a total of 9 months since amend return. I have not received my money and the status still hasn't changed to tell me its coming. Get this I called Turbo and the money we spend only helps with Audits. Well then your not worth the 190. Realistically every penny counts and its my money and I want it. The lady gonna say keep calling and meanwhile you can't reach anyone from the IRS. Then she says due to the PANDEMIC they aren't answering calls. Well I could careless they have enough money and yet I am trying to track my money. We are all Dollar Signs and this Dollar sign wants HER MONEY ALMOST A YEAR WAITING GTFOH

There have been extremely long delays at the IRS in processing paper returns from the last several months due to the Coronavirus.   I'll tell you the normal way to reach an IRS agent, but it may be very difficult due to the Pandemic, and since so many people are calling them about their stimulus money, etc.  So if that's unsuccessful, I've also left below steps to reach the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service so you can enlist their aid.   They may also be able to transfer you to an IRS agent.

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you continue to have no luck reaching the IRS, you can try contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for your area.    They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.    If the Taxpayer Advocate can't/won't help you, ask them to transfer you to an an IRS agent.  A couple of users reported that at least for them, that was a backdoor route to the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html