HelenC12
Expert Alumni

After you file

Due to an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment.  

We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers. We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

We will have more emails going out in the coming days, so if you haven’t received an email yet, it could still be on its way.

Check the IRS Get My Payment tool to see if the IRS has a 2nd stimulus payment for you. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment.

• Note: Updates may not be immediately reflected on IRS.gov, including the Get My Payment tool.

If you didn’t receive an email confirming your stimulus payment is on the way, we are still working with the IRS and Treasury to find an alternative way to deliver stimulus payments to all eligible customers.

If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 taxes to get your money.

For the latest information, see Where's My Second Stimulus Check?

Please see the following page for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"