After you file

@ses604 wrote:

I really need to get an early start so I can determine my quarterly payments, etc etc. Are the updates delayed for 2020?  Something as simple as IRA Distributions isn't even available yet.  How soon?  My list of forms just says "ready soon" with no target date. Last year at least you gave target dates. What gives?  Thank you for a quick response.

Some of the necessary retirement section forms are under development at the IRS and are still in the draft state.  The IRS typically issues the electronic  form specifications 1-2 months after the paper forms are released and there is no IRS date for that.    If you have the CD/desktop version you can enter data in the forms mode for an estimate but that will not contain any of the new CARES act forms.

As soon as it is known, the form will be hoisted here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**