After you file

Thank you to you mesquite bean for posting this very detailed info, including asking them if I should resend my amended return; it's the only way I was able to speak to someone LIVE.
It's been 12 weeks and the automated number still says "information not available on this account try again later." I had mailed my amended taxes July 13, 2020 and today is Oct 7, 2020.  I wasn't getting any money back, I actually owed a little less than $100.  So far my check has still not cleared either.

The wait is 15 min to 30 min, so I put on speakerphone and waited.

My actual wait time was 40 min.
  I spoke to a nice lady who confirmed they're back-logged and only reopened partially in August due to COVID.  She said they closed in July and reopened in August but only partially (due to cutbacks from COVID) and are still working on amended returns from even before July.  She said she would note my account that I mailed in my amended return July 13, 2020 and said to NOT resend it, just wait and agreed with me that when I see my check clear that would be a good indicator they are processing it.  As of right now my return has not even been opened nor logged in.  I asked if it could be December and she said yes that is possible, just be patient and wait.  She said if I wanted I could call back in a few weeks but I told her I would just wait to see when my check would clear and use that as an indicator that my return was received and is in process.
HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO'S WORRIED.  I'D SAY JUST WAIT TIL DECEMBER AND LOOK FOR YOUR CHECK TO CLEAR.  If you're owed money, do the same.  Wait.  But if you do call use the instructions exactly as mesquite bean (above) has specified above, otherwise you'll end up back at the automated system.