After you file

Hey dude,

That happened to me EXACTLY!!!! In addition, I used Turbo Tax's additional no flaws," we have your back, this income tax return will not be rejected, we've checked 100 ways to make sure, blah, blah, blah..." For a $240 fee, of course. February 15, 2020, I e-filed and on 2/17/20 my return was officially accepted. Friday, March 13th, 2020 I received a "love" letter from the Treasury Departments' favorite child, the IRS. Apparently TT only checked 99 ways to make sure my return was flawless because a 1098-T AND 8962 forms were missing. It took me one week to find, request, and receive these completed forms. I immediately faxed them TWICE, to the IRS's reject center, from Office Depot so I would have a successful, transmission report. It cost me almost $20 to fax the documents because the love letter needed to be included. Then, dead air, no communication at all from the IRS. June 1st, when the processing centers finally opened with limited processors, I called. From 6/1- 8/13, I spoke to 4 reps who each gave me conflicting answers to why my refund was idly standing by. The last rep I spoke to, Mr. Paterson (i won't share his ID number but they all began with 100 and had 10 digits) became frustrated with ME because I didn't understand why NOW he could not see my return or that I even filed a return. Needless to say, our conversation became heated very quickly & escalated to the point of HIM YELLING AT ME.  And hanging up on me. As fate would have it, the next day I received a letter from the IRS's Tax Advocacy Group's acting Chairperson, Bridgett Robertson located in Jacksonville, FL. She informed me that I'd be receiving a survey rating them tax advocate that assisted me?? No-one assisted me, duh..like I'm still

waiting SEVEN MONTHS LATER for my refund. So, I cross-referenced her name via google and got information on the TAG (tax advocacy group). Each state and/or county has a group that advocates on your behalf with the IRS if you are having issues receiving your refund; ESPECIALLY  if not receiving your return is impacting you financially.  IRS's homepage has a search box and if you type in tax advocacy group you'll be directed to a map of the US. Click on your state and the TAG's contact info pops up. You can print the forms that are required to be completed before a TAG member will assist. Request form"911" on the IRS's website, print, complete, and fax. Also, call and leave a VM. I was not able to reach anyone live but they will call you back. I am happy to say that on September 9th, I revisited  "Where's my refund" and not only was my info back but there was also a date to expect my direct deposit, which was 9/10/20, only 8 minutes away. I finally received my refund, with interest and my stimulus check arrived as a paper check.  There is light & there is MONEY at the end of this long dismal tunnel. BTW, I sent an email to the CEO or Chairman of TT and his assistant replied the next day. They did not eliminate the $240 I spent (althoughI think that's the very least he could have done but they did flag my account so TT's accounting department would not auto-deduct until my refund was deposited. That was pretty cool and I appreciated the delayed deduction.  Contact the Tax Advocacy Group or stop complaining. They will help you out. It may take a few weeks but in the scope of how long most of us have been waiting, what's another couple of weeks?  Peace to all, respect each other and compliment a complete stranger every day...u never know how the power of kindness will influence or change someone's perspective on life, their life,  at that very moment...oh, yes, and good luck.

LC