After you file

I filed all the paperwork that was sent on lawsuit. Then come to find out The company sending the Yes it was for a earlier year that I had to amend.  It was the very end of January that I sent it in the mail. They should have got in at the beginning of February.  It used to say I owed a balance of 300 or so.  I had been checking every couple weeks on my account and in May is when it took my balance off and does not show anything about 300 I did owe. Maybe they take it off when they see I filed a amended return. I won a lawsuit a couple years ago for 86,000 and was paid in 2018 and I paid all taxes on all the money. In 2019 lawsuit company told me they still owed me 12,000 that was a error on their part, They had me pay taxes on the 12,000 in 2018 but never sent the money. So the company wanted me to pay taxes 2 times. paid in 2018 and then pay again when the found the error on the 12,000. Their CPA said they would do the paperwork and help me file the amendment cause it would be easier for me to file it than them. Thanks for all your info though Relieved some stress from worrying.