Level 11
Level 11

After you file

@nhanjkl , two options --

(1) use the services like  SprinTax , Tax Professional familiar with international student filings or seek help from your school;  

(2)  download the form 1040-NR-EZ , it is a fillable .pdf.  Fill this out as if this is the first time ( i.e. not as an amended return);   include a note explaining  that you had filed using the wrong form and this is to correct that un-intentional error;  attach a copy of the  return already filed  marked " not for processing",  mail the whole shebang to the IRS ( for your state  or region ). This will mean human intervention at the IRS and will take time but you have filed as required by law.


There is no change for the state.


Good Luck