Mommyof07

After you file

So my fiance filed his taxes February 28th we then received a letter saying he was being audited we turned all of the papers that they needed in by March 3rd we hadn't heard anything from them so we finally called them 4 days ago spoke with a gentleman who said they sent out letters April 9th explaining why everything was taking so long because of the virus he told us that everything was fine and that he should have his refund in 45 days yesterday we received a different letter telling us that they were changing him from filing head of household to single and that he could no longer get EIC we live with my mother but we pay over half of all the bills here we set proof for all of this we have tried the tax advocate and left multiple messages we just don't know where to go from this mind you the letter that we received said we had until April 29th to tell them that we don't accept their findings we just received the letter June 6th I have no idea where to go from here I am so frustrated and this is the first time we've had to go through any of this.  We have no money for a lawyer