CassLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

@hoopsfan48 If you mailed your return to the IRS, the IRS asks you wait 4 weeks after you mail your return before looking up your refund at Where's My Refund?. 

You can also check your tax transcripts by going here: Welcome to Get Transcript

If you don't have an account, you will need to set one up. Then you'll be able to see what is going on with your taxes and if they got your form, etc.

Also, be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

Please see the links below for more information:

It's very possible that they may have it but just not started reviewing/processing it yet, due to limited staff right now. Until they do, you won't find it in their system when you try to track it. Allow them a couple more weeks and then call them when the IRS reopens the phone lines.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Note: 

You will need to follow the prompts in order to speak to an IRS agent. There is a high call volume this time of year.

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1.   

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language.   

Then Press 1    

Then Press 3   

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"