After you file

Thank you!  I would have given more detail, but was limited by number of characters.  Here's more to the story: I had a true overpayment last year that I applied to this year's est. taxes, but when I filed this year I mistakenly counted this twice (carryover and estimated taxes).  This resulted in another overpayment which I applied to next years est. taxes, but because of my error there was no actual overpayment.  When I efiled I applied this "overpayment" to next year's est. taxes, but in reality it did not exist.  In my amended TT return it looks like I need to pay the IRS back for the "overpayment" I mistakenly applied to next year.  But, as I was preparing to do this, I received a notice from the IRS alerting me to my error and letting me know that they fixed my 1040 and now I owe ~$300.  This is what I would have owed without my mistake, but not what my amended TT return indicates I should pay the IRS ($300 plus the "overpayment" applied to next year's taxes).  I tried to contact the IRS to see what I should do, but due to covid-19 live phone help is not available at this time.  So, I'm not sure if the IRS eliminated the "overpayment" applied to next year's est. taxes, or if this still applied per the original return and I owe the IRS this amount.  I'm so frustrated at myself for making such a stupid error, and I just want to get it fixed - thank you!