quimbomb

I filed taxes for 2018 and 2019. I didn't get a refnd.I owed a certain amount I paid the IRS by bank transfer. Will I get the COVID stimulus as direct deposit or check?

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

After you file

If you paid your tax due by direct debit and provided your bank information in your tax return, the IRS will use that bank information to direct deposit your stimulus payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
quimbomb

After you file

Thanks! My concern was if the IRS would use the Direct Debit information (ACH Debit)  for my taxes due to make the direct deposit (ACH credit). 

After you file

I have seen other posts that question whether IRS will use direct debit info.  On the Federal info Worksheet, TT auto selects no for Direct Deposit and yes for Direct Debit to pay liabilities. Is there confirmation that the bank info will be used for stimulus payments even though technically I have not given permission for direct deposit to that account only direct debit?  If not, will I have to use the new website when posted by IRS?  Thanks

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

After you file

It appears from how the law is written that the IRS will not be able to use Direct Debit information for direct deposit.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"