BillM223
Expert Alumni

After you file

@johannabehnsen

This does not sound like any option in the HSA interview, rather, it is what was said above - on the federal return, the question "can you be claimed as a dependent?" has been checked...somehow.

I would encourage you to try this.

Do a Search (upper right) for filing status and click on the jump-to link. In the CD/download product, this will take you to the Personal Info or My Info page where you can scroll down to "Your Filing Status" and click Edit.

In the Online product, this will bring you to the same Personal Info or My Info page, but the layout is a bit different. Instead of a subheading of "Your Filing Status", the subheading is likely to be your current filing status, probably "Married Filing Jointly". Click the Edit button here, too.

In both cases, you will want to change your filing status to Single. This should have the effect of removing some or all of your spouse's information.

Next click on Continue. Now, go do the Search again for filing status, and click on the jump-to link (I know you could just hit the back button, but I don't want you to do that).

Now edit the filing status again back to Married Filing Jointly. You will be prompted to re-enter your spouse's information. If you have dependents, TurboTax may say that the dependents' information need to be reviewed - that's OK, just tun through it again, confirming their information.

Now go back to the Federal Review and see if that clears the HSA issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"