After you file

@nfp0824 wrote:

Hi @macuser_22, I just came across this reply of yours while looking for some information.  I'm trying to get our 2019 return filed as quickly as possible because it has significantly lower AGI than our 2018 return, and I'd like to qualify for a larger stimulus check.  However, we do have an inherited IRA with basis from which we took a required distribution in 2019.  I'm trying to determine if I can e-file the bulk of our return and just manually prepare, print and mail form 8606 so I can get our 2019 return processed quicker.  Do you know if this is allowed, and would it even process quicker if the one form is not present?

Thanks

A 8606 for an inherited IRA with a basis can ONLY be manually prepared and mailed.  Since an inherited IRA must be kept in the name of the deceased TurboTax only supports 8606 forms for the taxpayer and spouse.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**