Expert Alumni

After you file

The best advice is to speak with a Taxpayer Advocate. 

They have local offices, their services are free, and they work directly with the IRS (they are part of the IRS) so they can get answers more quickly than anyone else. 


Taxpayer Advocate

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"