Expert Alumni

After you file

This sounds like a case (unfortunately) where you just need to wait for the IRS to post the payment for what you owe ($1300) then the rest will be refunded.  The Taxpayer Advocate is your best source for getting the rest of the refund id there is a delay- but even they must wait a "reasonable" time (and reasonable for IRS is slow in real life).  The best I can say is wait a week and call again if you do not have your refund- as soon as the payment for the amount owed is posted, the refund will be issued.



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"