After you file

@Chaulk wrote:

While I was filing my 2019 taxes  a 1099 R it says I have to amend my 2018 return because I recharacterized an ira in 2019 for a 2018 contribution (even though it was just a couple of days I had it). Been trying to amend my 2018 return but my computer constantly updates all my turbo tax  documents .tax to the 2019 version so I cannot amend the 2018 return. I tried for hours but the 2018.app keeps getting turned into the 2019 version any tips. I file with cd version

If you are using a Mac (I don't know if Windows works the same way) if you just click on the .tax2018 data file then  the Mac OS will search for the latest version  of the application to open the file which is 2019, not 2018.

You must first start the TurboTax2018.app in the Applications Folder first.  Once TurboTax 2018 is up and running then you can use the File menu in the top menu bar to "Open Tax Return" and locate and select the .tax2018 data file.   

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**