BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

After you file

In order to e-file your return, you will need to add Form 8862: Information to Claim Earned Income Credit After Disallowance. Please follow these steps to add this form:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and click on "Fix My Return"
  2. Click on "Search" in the upper right-hand corner, type in "EIC" and then click on "Jump to EIC" link
  3. Continue through the Earned Income Credit section until you reach "Do any of these uncommon situations apply?"​​​​​​​
  4. On this screen, check the fourth box, "I got a letter/notice from the IRS telling me to fill out an 8862 form to claim the Earned Income Credit", and then select "Continue"
  5. Select "Done" on the Congrats, you get a tax break screen
  6. You'll now see the Since you got an IRS notice, we need to check on a few things screen. Select "No," and then "Continue"
  7. Answer the questions about the Earned Income Credit
  8. When you come back to the Your tax breaks screen, select "Review" in the left menu
  9. Go through the Review section to find and correct any blank entries on the 8862. If you had to fix anything, run through the review again until there aren't any errors

Once you have completed the review without any errors, you are ready to e-file your return. Select "File" from the menu on the left-hand side and follow the instructions to refile your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"