Expert Alumni

After you file

If you qualify to claim the children under the IRS rules, then file a paper return and claim the children as dependents. This will bypass the issue with the e-file rejection. This will also start action on the part of the IRS to determine who actually qualifies to claim the child.


For more information, see IRS Publication 501 to determine if you qualify to claim the child based on the IRS rules.



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"