Filed an 8379 and IRS STILL took my money

So this is my 3rd year doing this so I’m not dumb lol....I filed my husband and I’s joint tax papers MARCH 3rd of this year. He has student loan debt and I do not, hence, I filed an 8379 with it (instead of separate as I usually do, thinking it would be “simpler”).... I knew the government shutout would also slow things down for me but I never ever thought it would be THIS bad!!!! Finally, today— SEPTEMBER 13, I received a letter from the IRS. Out of a $1,000+ refund they took out $455 for student loan debt. But still no paper check for the rest!! I am fuming! Most of that money was mine(and I worked my but off for it!) as my husband had severe back problems and only worked a couple months out of the year—earning maybe $200-250. 😡😤 And to add insult to injury they added a second sheet saying “if you are an injured spouse please file form 8379 yada yada”——which I DID!!!!!

Has anyone else had to wait this long?  Any advice?! I don’t know what to do! All of my friends/acquaintances already got their refunds longggggggg ago. Do I re-file an 8379?? (And wait another 6 MONTHS?!)  I checked their “Where’s my refund” website nearly everyday for over 6 MONTHS!!—It always said “still processing”. I almost 99% certain I didn’t make any mistakes and I always double-check everything before mailing. My husband and I both tried calling the IRS multiple times—-but you can’t get a live person on the line!! Sorry for sounding pissed but I am....I’ve tried to be patient but this is so infuriating!