New Member

I forgot to add my daughters 1098-T from school and i already filed my taxes can i still add them

New Member

After you file

Yes, if you want to determine if you are eligible to claim an education credit and the various federal tax benefits for educational expenses.  

These include:

1) American Opportunity Credit

2) Lifetime Learning Credit

3) Tuition & Fees Deduction

4) Educational expense (deduction) related to your self-employment; or as an educational expense undertaken at the request of your employer for which you did not get reimbursed.

However, If your grant/scholarship amount (box 5) is more than your tuition (box 1/box 2) you may want to report it because excess scholarship money may be treated as taxable income on your return.

If you decide to amend the IRS 2016 Amended tax forms will not be ready until sometime in February.  You will have to mail your amended return to the IRS. 

See How to Amend (Change or Correct) a Return You Already Filed to amend your income tax return. Please keep checking the TurboTax FAQ for the status of amended return tax forms.